Monday, May 5, 2008

I feel sick!

I think the late nights, drinking, stress of my first production trip all got to me. My boss ("Can-I-Have-A-Latte-Sir") spent the week chewing my balls. I spent the first hours trying to figure out what a "production trip" was, just to find out that its similar to a trip of a power supply... all the lights go out, rather than a "crazy trip at burning man, you were like blue dude!".

So I fired up the debugger and asked for logs. "You can't have logs or access to production". Its something to do with compliance or control or something I didn't get. So I tired and tried my best. Then my boss came over, "Fucking idiot" was not a great introduction to a hack-a-thon of console access, editing XML files, restarting JVMs and other stuff that I really did not follow. It was tough looking over his shoulder, but wow he knew his stuff. This guy is god.

I don't think I'm good enough for this place.

This weeks food and drink
Beer : 2 bottles (same as last week)
Shots : zero (same as last week)
Dinner : 4 nights (3 x pizza, 1 x Indian)
Weight : 159 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment