Monday, August 24, 2009

Glasnost!

Wow, Henry was not joking when he said that he was going to be more open and transparent, we have our own version of Glasnost breaking out! Instead of Ronald Reagan, Star Wars and Gorbachev we have Bruce and a whole bunch of powerpoint graphs. They were awesome!

I had hung out near the back, its always easier to sneak away if the speaker is really boring (which is normal). Its better than falling asleep in the front row like that Indian dude keeps on doing, that really make Henry mad. Most of the data presented was in 12 pitch font so tough to read, but here's what I gathered
  • We have lots of bar and pie charts in an amazing array of colors
  • Our Graphic Design team can do some sweet animations in powerpoint
  • All the graphs are up and to the right
I don't know what this really means. Each time Bruce got into the weeds of what the data meant, Henry would jump is an give a super high level explanation why this was important and push aside the ridiculous questions people were asking, like "When we will be profitable". I mean, we are going to be profitable when Henry says we will be and that should be good enough for everybody! It sure is good enough for me.

At the end, Franks-Mom stood up and said that is was amazing that Henry has started to share this information with the team and started a round of applause that was joined by maybe seven people, but I totally understood the sentiment.

This weeks food and drink
Beer : 0 (no more official drinking!))
Shots : 6 (I don't give a crap, so I drink at my desk)
Dinner : 0 nights (no more dinners!)
Weight : 186 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment