Monday, November 30, 2009

Give thanks!

I have a lot to give thanks for this Thanksgiving. Here's the short version
  • I did have a well paying position, lately its not looking so great
  • I did work with some great people, after two rifts and departures most have gone
  • I have worked on a number of projects, most delayed or canned
  • I did get a bunch of stock options, I don't think they will ever be worth a dime
  • I did get put on a performance improvement plan, but I beat that rap
  • I do have a manager who has a split personality, I mostly get the crap half
  • I do get the pager, the pager always rings all the time, endlessly
  • I did get food until they took that away
  • I did get alcohol, they took that away, but I started drinking at my desk anyway
  • We did have some cute girls, they are all getting married, rifted or got a real job
  • I did work on some cool technology, until I started converting PL/SQL into JavaScript
  • I have more changes in senior management that hot lunches recently
  • I do work for a technology company that won't adopt new technology
  • I do have a CEO that spends too much time in a tanning salon
So thank you, I'm in a special place and I know it.

This weeks food and drink
Beer : 0 (no more official drinking!)
Shots : 8 (i'm trying to cut down!)
Dinner : 0 nights (no more official eating!)
Weight : 194 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment