Monday, February 23, 2009

The rats are leaving!

I don't get it. I had to grab Can-I-Have-A-Latte-Sir and pour my heart out. I mean Henry has an amazing vision, we are pulling in large and small customers, despite the economy and we are executing against the plan.

So why are some many people leaving us? It makes no sense. I understand that the layoffs were tough and we all lost somebody we knew or saw when we were making our latte's in the morning. But its a constant stream and they are some of the top of the tree engineers, people I hope to become one day.

I hear the same excuses, been here 3 years and burnt out, need stability, need a new challenge etc. It cuts me to the bone that they could turn their backs on the team but mostly turning their backs on Henry. He's amazing and does not deserve that and needs our support!

I think the company line is that they are all pissed at the pay cut and could not be bought off with a little more stock. I mean, I got stock as well, but they don't start vesting for 18 months, Henry said that the board would not approve a faster vesting schedule. But I mean, when we go IPO as Henry is still talking about, stock is going to be better than cash!

So let them leave, it means my stock gets to vest and there's does not and when we go IPO I will be laughing all the way to PF Changs baby!

This weeks food and drink
Beer : 0 (no more drinking!)
Shots : 0 (no more drinking!)
Dinner : 0 nights (no more dinners!)
Weight : 180 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment