Monday, April 14, 2008

Wow, one week down!

Wow, that first week shot by. I met so many great people here. Everybody is so friendly and gave me loads of great advice ("dev manager x is bi-polar, director Y is a pyscho, don't do shots with the VPE" etc.).

Still trying to build the product. Its been a long week and many, many late nights but I can't seem to get the thing built. There are so many frameworks, go and ask such-and-such, Database upgrade fails, get a new CentOS baseline etc. You know its never easy in your first week. But this must be such an amazing product if it is this difficult to build!

Still not met Henry, apparently he is in Charlotte, NC to meet with American City Bank. Apparently he is there a lot. They are a potential big investor so I guess it makes sense. Just wish I could hear his inspirational thoughts in person.

Found out they really look after their staff here. I had food three nights last week (great Thai, so-so Pizza and fabulous Indian food). There was also drinking. I'll keep a chart in a spreadsheet but here's the data.

Beer : 3 bottles (1 Coors Light, 2 Corona)
Shots : 1 x Tequila at Friday's beer bash
Food : 3 (Thai, Pizza, Indian)

Here's hoping that I get the product to build this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment