Monday, July 7, 2008

Shopping carts are cool!

So I have been developing this feature for sometime. I finally got my design through HAHA (Hank Architecture Holistic Assessment), its a sort of review board that involves a lot of sitting in conference rooms drinking coffee and sodas. With that signed off, I got through the implementation and now I'm on to testing. I work on the platform side, I'm not one of those CSS/HTML guys, I'm not that cool. And building applications, well that's what you give people who can't code server side...

So I was wondering why QA or the Application teams were not banging on my desk each day waiting for me to finish. Then I thought about it. Where will this get used? The Pet Store is a punch out to a 3rd party that does the procurement flow, I think we use D River or something. So that store was out.

Then I thought about our stock trading system. That has to be real time since the prices change so much. So that store is out.

I was thinking the Flower store, but could not see that people would load it with a big number of items. So I went to see my manager, Can-I-Have-A-Latte-Sir and he said that it was "an investment in out future platform".

Wow. I think that is cool that we are really investing in the platform. Build it and they will come!

This weeks food and drink
Beer : 5 bottles (down one from last week)
Shots : 3 x Tequila (up one from last week)
Dinner : 5 nights (5 x Una Mass)
Weight : 170 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment