Monday, June 2, 2008

Where have the bagels gone!

At first I thought that I was just unlucky. You know those creative and marketing types. Dressed in the too cool 80's game t-shirts and army pants, they are first to the poppy seed bagels when they are not spending the morning making their third double iced latte. You have to be totally committed to get a poppy seed bagel around here. I mean, like, get there before 10.30am on "Bagel Thursdays".

Last week I just about managed to get the last one by beating down "legs" from Finance, but this week... the horror of it all.

I get there at 9.45am. I'm totally going to get a poppy seed bagel this time. I'm so ahead of the game here. I get to the kitchen, first shock is Noah's (otherwise known as bread-with-a-hole-disappointment-its-not-a-bagel). Second shock, they have ordered some kind of artisan shit, with all sorts of crazy stuff in them. Wow! This is so uncool. Hank Commerce is changing before my eyes.

Big rumors is that our VPE and Henry have been out shopping. Some people are talking companies, other are talking a new management team. I hear from the old timers that we get a new management team every 18 months, so this could be my first big change!

This weeks food and drink
Beer : 5 bottles (3 up from last week)
Shots : 8 x Bourbon (6 up from last week)
Dinner : 5 nights (5 x pizza)
Weight : 165 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment